- This event has passed.
IN-PERSON TRAINING OVER THREE DAYS: Relationship & Business Development Academy for the Construction Industry
October 22, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Relationship & Business Development Academy for the Construction Industry
This is a 12 hour learning module held over three days on October 22, 28 & Nov. 5 from 8 am to noon at the ABC Greater Baltimore office.
Who Should Come
Business Development professionals from commercial construction primes doing business with private and public owners; sub-contractors performing commercial work; and members with services related to the commercial building industry.
Module 1, Thursday, October 22 – Developing the “right” relationships and opportunities
- Top of the Sales Funnel: Prospecting in your market
- Qualifying opportunities for your estimators
- Identifying the proper points of contact within your target clients/customers
- Opportunities to reach out and interact with potential clients
- Building rapport and the relationship over time to increase negotiated bid opportunities
- Creating a contact marketing plan to promote your highest and best use of your time
Module 2, Wednesday, October 28 – Conducting professional meetings that produce results. Set a clear purpose, and gaining agreement
- How to set a clear purpose for discussions with potential clients: What you gain
- In addition to job specification questions: learn what else you should be asking
- Developing a “Question guide” so you and your team can be better prepared for meetings
- Developing a “Objection guide” in the event you don’t win the desired project – what should you be saying or doing?
- Presenting – why the relationship step is important, and what you should be doing
- Setting concrete next steps for follow up, value engineering, negotiation
Module 3, Thursday, November 5 – Building a relationship and value over time
- Interactions with client staff on work in progress – how to maximize and build relationships while on the job
- Identifying additional influences for future work or opportunities
- How to structure getting called in when the apparent “low bidder” fails to perform (either as project management or to take on the in progress work)
- Learn what you should be doing outside of the job site – set a yearlong agenda for relationship building activities (marketing calendar)
- Learn about and identify methods of possible support to your clients outside of the work you perform